|These are the final result. Not as glamorous as Pinterest (or any of the Oreo Pops pics out there for that matter), |
but for someone who's impatient & not fond of all things kitchen-y, these turned out ok, or for the best part - edible.
Here's how to do it the 'Lisa' way:
1. To make 55 Oreo Pops, you will need 10 pkts of Oreo cookies. There's 12 in a pack, but while separating those mofo's you will lose 50-60%. Have your preschoolers around to eat the broken pieces of Oreo that you throw in a hissy fit across the room.
2. Use a knife to carefully separate the sides of cookie. That twisting action kids do on TV is bullshit. Best not start that 'swear jar' today, or have a shitload of coins nearby.
3. Melt white chocolate in a bowl. Dip one end of icy pole stick in melted chocolate & sandwich between cookie sides. Dip finger in melted chocolate & lick.
4. Spoon melted chocolate over cookie-on-a-stick. Dip other finger in melted chocolate & lick.
5. Lay cookie-on-a-stick-covered-in-melted-white-chocolate on 100s & 1000s, make sure it is well covered in that fairy crap. Dip another finger in melted chocolate & lick.
6. Let harden on baking paper. Hide from children.
Now, since making them, I have read the instructions on Kidspot.com.au & can tell you there is a better way! Yes!
Nuke the Oreo cookies for a few seconds to soften the inner cream. Then gently pull apart.
I am an educated dumbass.