Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Liebster Award

Liebster2.jpg
I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by the lovely Frammitz. No shit! The Liebster Award highlights small bloggers and their blogs. I thought this must be in recognition of the 10 kilograms I have lost in the last few months but in reality it probably means that I am relatively new to the blogging world (I'm only about 7 months old) and this would be a great way to gain some exposure without getting naked. Yeah, I heard that sigh of relief.


The Rules…
1. List 11 facts about yourself. Check.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. Check.
3. Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate. Check.
4. Choose 11 bloggers (with 200 or less followers) to nominate. Check.
5. Visit each bloggers page and tell them about the award. Check.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them. Check. Thank you Frammitz!
7. No track backs. I think...check.


11 Facts About Me
1. I live along the Port Phillip Bay in Melbourne.

2. I have a piercing in my tragus.

3. I am a Leo.

4. I hate clowns. I'm scared of robots and cyborgs. I'm grossed out by slugs.

5. When I was in Grade One, I was reading Beatrix Potter's 'Peter Rabbit' to my entire class. My teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet. I don't need to tell you the damage pissing myself in a blue plastic bucket chair in front of 27 other 6 year olds has done. Enough damage that I remember the name of the book and the colour of the chair. I still can't read Beatrix Potter books without crying.

6. I want to get a tattoo. But I don't know what and I don't know where.

7. I had otoplasty when I was 16 after years of never wearing my hair back and being frightened about gusts of wind exposing my enormous elephant ears. It's amazing how one bitch's taunt at primary school can end up costing thousands of dollars in vanity payments.

8. I like sewing and crafts, although lately I haven't had the opportunity. Or the motivation.

9. I'm a recovering over-eater, but an emerging over-drinker.

10. I like teapots. I hate the taste of tea. But I like teapots.

11. I think feet are fuggly. Not just regular ugly. Fucking ugly. 
I can't believe people spend money on them to make them smooth & pretty. My money's better spent on Moscato.


11 Answers to Frammitz’s 11 Questions
1. How old am I?
At last count, I was 41 years old. I'll be 42 in August. Wii Fit tells me I'm 48.


2. If I had twice the time and money that I have now, how many children would I have?
If I had twice the money I would most definitely have another two children. At least. There are some top notch nannies out there who are worth their weight in gold.

3. What am I wearing?
An all too sexy oversized men's black and purple tartan pyjama pants and a sleep t-shirt that says 'Wild At Night'. Grrr...

4. Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Well, as I'm not the fig plucker, nor the fig plucker's son, I'll pluck figs until the fig plucker comes. In short...I don't know.

5. Would I please send Frammitz some money?
Depends. If I had twice the money I'd send Frammitz some, but as I don't have that, or the time, the answer is 'maybe'.

6. What did I have for breakfast?
I had mixed berry porridge - the superfood of champions.

7. Do I prefer mixed flower bouquets or a bunch of the same flower?
I'm not fussy. I rarely get flowers, so beggars can't be choosers.

8. How much time do I spend on Pinterest a week?
Obviously not enough. I only have 11 followers, 16 boards, 191 pins, 10 'likes' and am following 56 other Pinteresting People. However, if you asked "How much time do I spend on Facebook"? Well...that's a different story.

9. What's my favourite blog to follow? Why?
I've been laughing until tear roll down my legs reading The 40 Year old Dad. Absolutely hilarious! It's refreshing to get a dad's perspective on life.     

10. Would I smoke cigarettes if they didn't cause cancer?
Nope. I still wouldn't. Something about inhaling a chemical cocktail does nothing for me. I'd rather inhale the smoke of a thousand Justin Beiber albums on fire.

11. Why do I blog?
I crave attention and this is another way of getting that. But I mainly started my blog to diarise my days with five kids and depression. It has helped much more than my many years in various therapies and has been thousands of dollars cheaper.

11 Awesome Bloggers I Nominate
and Urge You to Stalk
These bloggers have less than 200 followers (Facebook may tell a different story). Go check them out!

Phenomenal Woman

Shawna in Wonderland

This Uncomplicated Journey

Mommy Massacre

In the House of JMarts

OK fellow bloggers above, let the interview begin...

My 11 Interview Questions
1. What piece of advice would you give to your 18 year old self?

2. What would you change about yourself?

3. What is your favourite smell?

4. What is your earliest memory?

5. What is the best thing about where you live?

6. If you could go back in time, where & when would you go?

7. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?

8. Why do you blog?

9. What are you frightened of?

10. What is your favourite movie?

11. Do you have any pet hates?


5 comments:

  1. This was really fun! Thank you for playing along. I loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long! Thanks for asking me!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! This will be so fun! -Adrienn/This Uncomplicated Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet! I can't wait to get my questions going :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete