1. Where were you born? I was born in a small hospital in bayside Mordialloc - a southern suburb of Melbourne, Australia. I haven't gone far. I live in the next suburb. Boring!
2. Were you named after someone? My parents would never admit it, but you've got to see the coincidental link of the thousands of little Lisa Marie's born from 1968 to the early 1970's. Sure, they liked Elvis Presley, but not enough to spell it the same way. I'm Lisa Maree, distinctively different, ok? You ask your friends named 'Lisa' who were born back then and I'll betcha their middle name is Marie. I'll stake my kids lives on that.
|Jasper the Wonderdog.|
5. What was your worst injury? Which one should I pick? I'm naturally accident and illness prone. I guess the worst one was when I was being a suckhole in my high school trampolining class trying to get an A++. I had a great routine - bounce, pike, tuck, twist, front, back, backflip onto neck. I had landed too close to the not-so-bouncy edge and couldn't get enough lift to finish the flip and ended up sandwiching my legs to my torso splintering my L4 and L5 vertebra. I remember the other girls' laughter being overshadowed by a panicky teacher who saw my lips turn blue on my limp body. Ambulances must not have been invented then, because in her wisdom my teacher carried me off the trampoline, lay me in the back of her station wagon and drove me to the hospital. I was immobilised for a week, started walking gingerly the next and was sent home with only a month off school. Not bad considering my mum was told to prepare for the worst.
6. Do you have a special talent? Uuummmm. No.
7. What's your favourite thing to bake? You mean other than rip open a frozen packet of something or empty a jar and throw it in the microwave? Occasionally, I get to make a lasagne. Baking this reminds me of my mum. And it's something that all my kids will eat without complaining. I also make a mean raspberry and white chocolate muffin. Del-lish.
8. What is your favourite fast food? Nothing's faster than a Duramine tablet. But when I've actually eaten, I love pizza. That's been my problem. I love pizza. And McDonald's. And KFC Zingers and chips. And a Whopper with cheese. And a souvlaki. See what I'm sayin'?
9. Would you bungee jump? Nope. I've seen the When Crazy Shit Goes Wrong TV shows. And besides, when I fall to the end of the rope, my boobs would keep going down and it would get ugly. Then I'd end up on Tosh.0. No thanks. I have my dignity to hold onto, no matter how small it is.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Eyes and smiles. I think you can read a lot about people by looking in their eyes. Sincerity, sadness, secrets...
11. When was the last time you cried? I just wrote a blog post about my history with depression and this brought up many things I'd not thought about in a long time. Beautiful responses made me cry with a feeling that I am loved.
12. Any current worries? I worry about stupid little things. I worry about my kids at school - the amount of homework they get, problems with peers, etc. I worry that one of my twins may be turning into a psychopath at age 3. I worry that I need to nip that in the bud quick smart. I worry about my family in general. I worry about what people think of me. Stupid little things.
13. Name three drinks that you drink regularly. You've caught me in a transitional phase. Two weeks ago, I would have said Pepsi, Moscato and Margaritas. I'm trying to be really good and now I would say mineral water, water and Margaritas.
14. What is your favourite book? I don't get much time to read - other than children's books and the serial sagas that are on Facebook. I really like 'Little Children' by Tom Perrotta and 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? I don't know...I think they'd all smell like Russell Brand looks.
16. What are you favourite smells? A baby fresh from a bath, newborn baby breath (it's like jelly beans), mandarins and passionfruit, Christmas - everything about it, from the roast pork cooking to the plastic trees.
17. Why do you blog? I use my blog Cut My Milk as a form of therapy. A friend had told me my kids do too much funny shit to not write about it. I thought they they were just annoying. Writing down what the kids have done and how I'm feeling actually makes the event not as stressful.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? U2's 'One'. That or Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.'
19. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? I have a mean temper. I need a label that warns people: 'Keep away from naked flame, unreasonable children, garden digging dogs and bitches.' I'm also very self critical. Combined, I usually have tantrums about something stupid I have done.
20. What is your favourite hobby? I like making sock monkeys. Can Facebook be considered a hobby? God I'm boring.
21. What do you look for in a friend?
22. Name something you've done that you never thought you'd do? I had five kids. I was told I wouldn't have any, and now I have five. I never thought I'd become obese.
23. What are your favourite things to do? I love to sleep. I love getting lost in a great movie.
24. Any pet peeves? I hate hearing people crunch food with an open mouth - it's like fingernails down a chalkboard. Cupboard doors not being shut. Toothpaste in the bathroom sink. Glasses not being stacked the 'correct' (my) way in the cupboard. I'm not only boring - I'm anal.
|Gus & Scarlett, just before she went |
all Alice Cooper on him.
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? My baby Scarlett trying to fit the cat's head in her mouth but coming away with a mouthful of black fur. It was more the cat's reaction that made me laugh. He just lay there and let her, but had his eyes on me the entire time. I don't have smart pets.
Maybe you know too much about me now. Maybe you're questioning whether you want to come play in my sandpit after all. I hope you do. Toodle pip.