Thursday 31 January 2013

Listmania 1

Ok, so I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I'm the first to admit it. I have just decided to join in with Home Life Simplified 'Listmania' which started a couple of weeks ago. But, hey, better late than never. Listmania is a weekly list-making exercise to let you know the real 'me'. I thought this might be a good way for me to actually learn a bit about myself and trip down amnesia lane. Here goes...

Currently I am:

Reading
I don't often get time to read. When I do, it's typically a Dr Suess book to the Wondertwins. At the moment, it's P.D Eastman's "Go Dog, Go". And when I say 'at the moment', I mean for the last 23 months. One can never get enough of brown dogs driving around and around in cars.

Surprisingly, you've caught me reading a book that has more than 200 words in it. I'm reading John Marsden's 'Tomorrow, When The War Began', not so much for my pleasure but to be one step ahead of my 13 year old son who will be studying it this term. 


Listening to
Hi5. And when the tiny tots aren't in the car, Foo Fighters 'Wasting Light' and Adele's '21'. Unfortunately, I'm not often in the car without the Hi5 fanclub. It used to be the Wiggles, but since Sam Wiggle was given the boot I will not allow them to be played. Not on my watch.


Laughing at
My kids. Hysterically. Actually, they are the funniest, most entertainingly frustrating creatures I know. They are better than anything on tv. I often have to stifle my laughter at 3 and a half year old Lily, who regularly tells me to sit on the naughty step and calls her Dad 'a idiot'. 


Swooning over
Mmm. Thank you flickr.com
I've had a look-see at other people's lists and found that many Listmaniacs are swooning over their husbands or partners. I would never have thought of that! But, um, of course, I swoon over my husband Tim. But there are many other people and things that I consider swoonworthy. Taylor Kinney from Chicago Fire & Vampire Diaries is one. Passionfruit gelati is another. Mmmm.


Planning
I plan to do a lot of things, I just don't know how to do them. I plan to finish my Masters Degree in Deaf Education. I'm half way through. I plan to study audiology. I plan to lose a lot of weight. 


Eating lots of
This is where I go horribly wrong. I eat lots of everything. I'm a foodaholic. But from today, and with the help of a supportive doctor, I have started to walk the path of a healthier lifestyle. I plan to eat lots of green things, and things that grow on trees and are not deep fried or wrapped in bacon. Fingers crossed.


Feeling
I've been on such a rollercoaster. In the spirit of listing I would say

  • anxious
  • self conscious
  • tired
  • out of control
  • weak
  • appreciative
  • loved


Discovering
I'm discovering a joy of watching my children's milestones and firsts. I can't remember much of Campbell (13) and Ella (11) as babies. I struggled with PND and psychosis and was full to the brim with a sleepy cocktail of medication back then. But I am loving watching 9 month old Baby Scarlett discover the world and my 3 and a half year old twins discover their boundaries.


Looking at
I'm forever looking at the complete chaos that is my house. It disturbs me. It bothers me. And yet, it stays. I turn and I'm looking at another masterpiece of wall art drawn by my twins. I love looking at their angelic faces as they sleep.


Wearing
At the moment, I'm ready for bed in my ever so glamorous t shirt and pyjama pants. I have a towel around my head, a stud in my tragus and a cat in my lap. I sound so feral in writing.



Banoffee Pie on Pinterest
Cooking
I'm not a good cook. But I do have plans (aahh, plans, should have adding this to my list) of making a 'Banoffee Pie'. I'm a bit addicted to Jamie Oliver at the moment and I'm determined to prepare one of his 30 minute meals in under 90 minutes.


Wondering
I'm wondering where we could go on a holiday with 5 kids. I'd love to go to Canada or the UK, but I'm seriously wondering if I've got the guts to take them all on a plane for that long.


Trying out
I'm trying out a new 'diet' pill/appetite suppressant under the watchful eyes of my doctor and a psychologist. It's not new new, but it's new to me. We'll see how that goes.

Well, there you have it. My Listmania list. Stay tuned. There will be more to come.




3 comments:

  1. Love your list! Seeing lots of groovy bloggy things in the left hand sidebar now too - well done, you've been busy! (or maybe I've just not noticed them for a while). That Banofee Pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any 3.5 yr old that doesn't love Go Dog Go has something wrong with them! Although, I think you win the award for reading it for 23 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great read, in fact I don't have to read it now. I know the words off by heart. I now get the girls to read it to me. It was tight competition between Go Dog Go and Where is the Green Sheep? - also a classic.

      Delete